Industrial businesses have massive quantities of machine-generated data and information to manage and monetize. Omicron Development LLC is a consulting firm specialized in the integration of information systems commonly used in the process industries (e.g. LIMS, MES, PIMS, BES, etc.) with the OSIsoft PI System and Microsoft products.
Our mission is to close the gap between Data & Business Outcomes by Imagining, Developing and Evolving solutions that meld information technology and innovative ideas. Consequently, we offer challenging career opportunities to candidates who have a keen interest in creating solutions that use data and information to deliver impactful business outcomes.
The customers of Omicron include some of the largest manufacturers in the world in the following industries: Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Materials, Mines, Metals & Metallurgy, Pharmaceuticals, Food & Life Sciences, Pulp & Paper, and Power & Utilities.
The ideal candidate is inquisitive, affable, and technologically savvy. Above all, Omicron employees are driven by achieving customer satisfaction and tangible value creation.
We offer a collaborative work environment where employees can develop themselves and experience different aspect of the information management practices in the process industries. Typical projects involve team work and software development to fill the gaps and extend the capabilities of the off the shelf software offerings of Microsoft and OSIsoft.
We look for candidates that have the following interest, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, with complementary emphasis on Information Management, Software or Business
- A strong ability to identify customer needs in order to develop winning solutions
- Experience in process engineering, process modeling, application and software development, and project management
- Knowledge of application and software development systems (i.e., programming, developing and maintenance)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
Typical duties generally include the following
- Analyzing customer situation and requirements in order to develop an implementation innovative and cost effective solutions
- Conferring with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design customer systems and obtain information about project challenges and capabilities and performance requirements and interfaces
- Obtaining and evaluating information about specific needs such as reporting and advanced data calculation requirements in order to help determine specific software configuration and implementation details
- Developing and managing project plans for information technology projects
Omicron Development LLC is a privately-held company headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ and part of the Pimsoft group of companies. It has satellite around the world in Milan and Torino (IT), Houston (US) and Pune (IN).
If you are interested in a career with Omicron, please check our current job openings and Contact us.