||Software Development and Integration Engineer – OSIsoft PI System
||Cherry Hill, Camdem County, New Jersey and Houston, Harris County, Texas
||This position encompasses all the responsibilities for the development and integration of applications and/or solutions for the manufacturing and process industries aimed at improving the use of data, events and information to drive valuable business and operational outcomes, also known as Digital Transformation. Solutions developed by Omicron are based on the OSIsoft PI System and Microsoft Technologies.
|Responsibilities & Duties
||The current need is for a development and integration engineer who can own a software application or solution development project from the initial requirements definition to the production of the final deliverable.
- Translate customer requirements into a design and a deliverable software
- Architecture solutions that fit in place and optimize the integration potential of the customer’s technical environment
- Can code the specified application
- Development of Microsoft based applications
- Familiar with process automation and process data management (process historians)
- Networking and Windows operating system
- Fluent with application development in the Microsoft Office suite
- 2 to 5 years of development experience
- OSIsoft PI System experience including PI-SDK, AF-SDK, PI-SMT, PI-ProcessBook, and PI-DataLink
- Microsoft Products (SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server);
- Microsoft Development Tools (.Net, Visual Studio, C#, VB .Net, WCF, WPF, etc.);
- Web based technology (Restful web service, Java Script, Ajax, Angular, ASP .Net, etc.);
- Important self-management skills: problem solving, time and organizing
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers during requirements gathering;
- Creativity to come up with lean designs that balance cost, functionality, ease of use and reliability of a solution or an application;
- Motivated by customer satisfaction.
|Certifications and Affiliations
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Software, etc.);
- Able to commute to our Cherry Hill, NJ office or our Houston (Energy Corridor) office;
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the USA and able to travel abroad;
- Certified OSIsoft and Microsoft skills is a plus.
||Click to Apply